Thursday, June 11, 2009

Organizing the World

After narrowing down my search to about three different programs, I thought for my physical education elementary curriculum that I would use Master Grade. Not only was this program the most popular seen through my goggle search but I am already familiar with the program because it was used at the school I student taught at in Rochester. While I only had limited access to using the program what I say from my cooperating teacher and her organizing skills was that it was extremely beneficial for her to organize students, grades, assignments, and a wide variety of other personal information.

When looking at the Master Grade program itself it certainly is very easy to use and understand. The features for this program include a list of current classes, student’s names and available picture, the calculation for each assignment, test or quiz, an attendance sheet with easy click absent or not absent, a seating plan for the students with additional comments, and a progress report function as well. All these features provide teacher with a wide variety of possibilities and an easy functional way to organize their classroom.

At first glance and through my little experience this program certainly looks beneficial. While I will be using this system for my physical education curriculum I can all see this program used for any class or classroom teacher. As I begin to experiment with this program I will have a much better understanding of all the components and its ability to organize a classroom effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment